Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Received Exploit.PHP.Userpic.a alert after download Zonealarm critical update

Default Re: Received Exploit.PHP.Userpic.a alert after download Zonealarm critical update

I guess I'm missing the issue. ZA Alarm quarantines it's own file zaclients.chm .... and everything seems to be running - so is this file really used? If so what for. Very strange.

Default Re: Received Exploit.PHP.Userpic.a alert after download Zonealarm critical update

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Is a legitimate file now improperly quarantined?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi! Yes...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

old_timer Guest

Apparently so. My ZA scan picked it up after the initial download (not during...which bothers me somewhat) and before I installed (which I have still held off doing). Others have already unpacked/installed and identified the specific file (zaclients.chm) that reports as an infection. A google search seems to indicate this may be a help file of some sort but cannot verify. I have still not had a reply from ZA tech support yet other than being assigned a case number. What bothers me is that all of the message boards say this is a false positive. Why is ZA waiting so long to declare a verdict?

Hi!there must be some problems on your ZA AV signature. This issue has been resolved two days ago.The files should NOT be recognised as virus now.Update your AV definitions and try again.Cheers,Fax

mwidunn Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    If I'm understanding you correctly, then I should go into the ZA Quarantine tab; select Exploit.PHP.Userpic.a; and, click &quot;Restore.&quot;
    Is that right?

Hi!
    yes, that's right.
    In principle you should not see anymore the file tagged as Exploit the quarantine (but this is just a detail)

Cheers,
    Fax

old_timer Guest

Well,never got a reply from ZoneLabs support but you folks were right. Updated my virus definitions, took the download out of quarantine, scanned it...and no virus detected. I will finish the install tonight. Thanks to all who helped!!!

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information