son_and Guest

Default Very persistent ScanningProcess.exe alert

A short while after I start my computer I get the following alert:
    "
    ZoneAlarm Sercurity Alert
    High
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\avsys\ScanningProcess .exe
    (ScanningProcess.exe) event=0 subevent=0 class=1
    ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe&quot ;,"","" ) ***Without the space after the last quote but if I omit it i get a smiley.....***
    "
    Since I know ScanningProcess.exe to be a part of ZoneAlarm I of course ask it to remember my choice and allow it... BUT then
    a second to 5 seconds later the excact same security alert pops up and no matter how many times I accept it comes back...

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version: 7.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by Son-And on 07-27-2008 10:57 AM

Message Edited by Son-And on 07-27-2008 10:59 AM

hammernu Guest

Default Re: Very persistent ScanningProcess.exe alert

Go to Program Control > Programs tab, find ScanningProcess.exe in the list and delete it. When it asks for permission again, permanently allow it.

If that doesn't work, then it's time for a database reset:
    1) Ctrl + Shift right-click on ZoneAlarm System Tray icon

2) Click Reset in popup box

3) Click Yes in Reset Settings dialog box

4) Click OK when prompted to reboot

5) Follow onscreen prompts after reboot

son_and Guest

Did that already but it didn't work.
    BUT I found out what does work I noticed that it changes a little every time... Turns out it was asking for permission to scan certain files.
    So the solution is to allow it enough times then it won't ask again (provided that you press the remember setting button first). It only asks for permission with certain files such as system files and zonealarms own files so new software probably won't trigger it again.
    Sorry for asking before I checked it properly but now it's here for others with the same problem.

hammernu Guest

I'm glad you figured it out. And thanks for reporting back with your solution.

jubjub Guest

<blockquote><hr>Son-And wrote:
    Did that already but it didn't work.
    BUT I found out what does work I noticed that it changes a little every time... Turns out it was asking for permission to scan certain files.
    So the solution is to allow it enough times then it won't ask again (provided that you press the remember setting button first). It only asks for permission with certain files such as system files and zonealarms own files so new software probably won't trigger it again.
    Sorry for asking before I checked it properly but now it's here for others with the same problem.
    <hr></blockquote>

I came to the same assumption as you... Only, after an hour of checking the &quot;Apply this setting to all suspicious behaviors exhibited by this application&quot; and clicking 'Allow' it is still popping up.

It is obviously triggered by the Antivirus scan, though. Is there any way to avoid the database reset and scan my system short of leaving game mode on?(which kinda defeats the purpose)

hammernu Guest

Certain programs are updated frequently and therefore appear as &quot;changed&quot; to ZoneAlarm which continues to ask for permission repeatedly. If this is the case, locate the program in Program Control &gt; Programs tab, right-click it, and select &quot;Changes Frequently&quot;.

Thread Information