Thread: Advisor pop-up's steal keyboard focus - when will this be fixed?

treborg Guest

Default Advisor pop-up's steal keyboard focus - when will this be fixed?

When will Zone Alarm fix the problem with their "advisor pop-ups" stealing keyboard focus??
    HOW MANY TIMES have you had the smart defense advisor pop-up ... steal the "space bar" while you're typing and cause some action to be taken that you were not explicitly intending to have happen?
    Why is it that you can search the forums and find posts complaining about this going back more than 2 years, and STILL ZoneAlarm has this bug!?
    The pop-up's should *REQUIRE* users to be pressing ALT or CTRL keys along with the R D or A, and should *NOT* allow the "space bar" to trigger ANY actions!
    Look at this sentence.. I've already hit space at least
    10 times.. and when typing in a chat window, or typing a url, or anything else that has common characters, that stupid pop-up which you CAN NOT Disable ... steals an inappropriate action.
    I say its time for ALL USERS to DEMAND that ZL fix this!
    (especially for
    those of us that have PAID for the program!!)

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Advisor pop-up's steal keyboard focus - when will this be fixed?

Hi!ZA staff does not monitor this board, users with this problem should write directly to ZA support.More users complaining more chances that ZA dev. will look into this issue.ZA technical support here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

treborg Guest

Thanks.. been there.. done that.. still not getting any return..
    so far.. the tech reps have **no** idea ... they've told me to reinstall, told me to clean install, etc etc etc.. not even admitting its known... yet.. searching the forums.. it is known, and its been a varying issue over at least the past two years.
    now as to the "they don't look at the forums" .... bad juju ... if they didn't watch for issues in these forums ... even if anonymously ... they would be doing themselves serious harm.
    Complaints here become lost customers out there..
    I even tried the chat today.. and was told the same BS about going through support.. when support fails, it becomes Customer Services' issue... as Customer Service is there for at least two reasons.. one is monetary, the other is relations.
    Customer Service should have the answer to complaint questions.. "where do I take my complaint now?" ... and they too were clueless.

Hi!sorry but I have no other suggestions for you.Probably not many users are complaining about it...I personally don't have any issue with pop-ups, most of all becuase pop-ups are very rare (if you keep your ZA on defaults) and hardly ever got one while writing.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jimander Guest

I fully agree. This is a serious problem that has bitten me many times. Not only are permissions unintentionally given to programs with no way to prevent it, but it is often difficult or impossible to identify what took place from the log data.

I believe that it is also a very simple modification to prevent these problems. Apparently this problem needs more attention, so I will do my part to make the ZA deficiency visible to everyone.

Thread Information