Thread: stop error with zone alarm

help_me_please Guest

Default stop error with zone alarm

HI, I'm new to this forum but has been a zone alarm user for a while now. I searched topics in relation to my query but didn't find them very usual or understandable.

I've been getting stop errors while my computer sits idle (the computer will be on for hours with no problem)and this is the message I got:

You received this message because your antivirus or firewall program has caused a blue screen error,
    which means the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from potential data corruption or loss.

BCCode : c2 BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 00000CD4 BCP3 : 02060002
    BCP4 : 860C12A8 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I am an average computer user and is not familiar with any programming or sorts. I wanted to post more details in regards to the dump file but couldn't locate it(because it was created in the folder WER70c3.dir00\Mini092308-01.dmp that doesn't exist - even after I ticked show hidden folders/files I couldn't locate it).

Please help. I updated zone alarm, i ran virus scan, I updated drivers from Windows website....

Cheers

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: stop error with zone alarm

Click here &gt; http://groups.google.fr/group/24hour...beaa88b398e4cb<hr>and here &gt; http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1875474.php<hr>Did you just update to XP SP3 ?? If you had updated to SP3 - did you shutdown ZoneAlarm Anti-virus firewall completely just prior to install of SP3 ? If you had not, there may be some sort of 'conflict/ corruption' within your pc. What events occured just prior to these error codes? - Newly installed ZA 8 or newly installed SP3, or something else?<hr>click here &gt; http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=18539<hr>Since these are 'Microsoft windows' error codes the best advice is to ask for tech support direct from Microsoft - they do have various support avenues. As it looks like SP3 is involved they do have 'free' SP3 support. Check their website. In the end you may have to re-install SP3 again - but, properly and possibly ZA. ?<hr>:0NaiveMelody NYC - 9-24-08 - I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

help_me_please Guest

Last night, I reininstalled WINDOWS XP and SP3. Then, after all the windows updates were complete, I installed Zone Alarm. Same crash happened in the middle of the night.
    Last night:BCCode : 10000050

BCP1 : BAD0B148

BCP2 : 00000000

BCP3 : 805BB452
    BCP4 : 00000000

OSVer : 5_1_2600

SP : 3_0

Product : 256_1
    23rd september
    BCCode : c2

BCP1 : 00000007

BCP2 : 00000CD4

BCP3 : 02060002

BCP4 : 860C12A8

24th SeptBCCode : c2

BCP1 : 00000007

BCP2 : 00000CD4

BCP3 : 02060003

BCP4 : 8646D470

Hi!
    please report directly to ZA support: www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    They may need to collect your ZA logs.

Also try to boot your system onyl with ZA and standard MS services/programs.
    This will help you to isolate the problem of third party software conflicting with ZA.

1.) Click Start -> Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except ZLClient
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor, and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computer

How does it work?

NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.

Also check your system for malware, see here:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

help_me_please Guest

DO you mean SERVICES tab or START UP tab? The services tab is the one with hide all microsoft services and truevector internet monitor thing.

I feel this problem is more related to sp3 and zone alarm, since the problem came about around the time i updated both of them. even when i reinstalled xp las tnight, and didn't install anything really other than sp3 and zone alarm, the system crashed. i ran utorrent also, but i've always ran this for a very long time, way before sp3 and zone alarm update, and never had a problem with that program. i don't think it's a trojan either, i am currently running the malware as you suggested just in case.

i've submitted help request through the IT link you gave me.

i installed zone alarm beta, and i dont' know if htat will help, but maybe it might. i won't really know if any of this works, until tomorrow morning, as it usually crashes around middle of night.

thanks for all the advices!!!

Hi!
    I mean both... first startup tab (UNcheck everything except ZL) and then services (hide MS services and UNcheck the rest except Internet Monitor service). In other words just follow the instruction to the letter.

I have a couple of machines with SP3 and ZA and there is absolutely no problem here. So, this should not be the problem.

The BETA test is only limited to the ZA Suite (ZA antivirus and antispyware + other security tools) and not ZA AV.
    You need to remove completely any other security tool installed before trying to install ZA Suite beta.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information