Thread: mediaserver.exe alerts

somthinworkplz Guest

Default mediaserver.exe alerts

since the last zonealarm upgrade, i've been refusing these alerts which pop up constantly (and i have been blocking cos file.net says mediaserver is 63% dangerous).however, my IE keeps crashing and i can't open up any programs (something
    like "
    you may not having access to the appropriate path"
    comes up as the error message). This has got worse to the point where i feel lucky to have written this much (though mediaserver has something to do with video streaming, it seems).Windows Vista user and i'm on a network via a netgear routerhelp would be great,thanksMatt

Default Re: mediaserver.exe alerts

Saw this url ?

http://www.file.net/process/mediaserver.exe.html

and checked the Properties of this mediaserver.exe file for it's version, vendor, time and date of install, certificates to verify if the file is legitimate?

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

somthinworkplz Guest

the location is C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin
    (which seems alright- in c:\prog files) but the file size is 268,504 bytes (270,336 bytes on disc) which doesn't match any suggestions (but i'm on vista not xp)file was created and modified on 27th july
    and accessed on 20th March 08 which is around when i received the PC (the estimated order date was 31st March according the order confirmation email)
    i guess the dates mean the file is ok?(and that i'm not exactly sherlock holmes)

The dates seem reliable enough to verify the file is legitimate and not malware.
    You should allow the file when the ZA asks about it again and use the always.

If the ZA keeps asking again and again, then set the Program Control slider to Medium or the Autolearn level and right click the mediaserver.exe in the ZA Program list and open the Options and then check the first two items and Apply and OK that window.
    Close the ZA and then re-open it.
    Should be quieter after doing that.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

somthinworkplz Guest

i think it's all good now.thanks oldsod- you're a diamond.

Thank you somthinworkplz.
    You are welcome.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information