Thread: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 8.0.021.000 OSFirewall Log Entries..??

deviouz Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 8.0.021.000 OSFirewall Log Entries..??

Can anyone explain to me what these logs mean exactly..??
    Im using Sysinternals Process Explorer & TCPView and im getting these entries in my OSFirewall..
    What do they mean, and how to stop them from occurring again.??

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 8.0.021.000 OSFirewall Log Entries..??

they are part of windows itself so there isnt a way to stop the process completely
    the log you are looking at is the os log which means these programs were stopped from performing the task they were set to do (either on purpose by microsoft or by a virus)
    you are completely safe from any malicious activity so there is nothing to worry about
    thanks robdog
    (c)robdog 2010 (picture & SN)
    (please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having

stinman Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 8.0.021.000 OSFirewall Log Entries..??

This is systeminternals trying to phone home and ZA blocking it or it is the help file from systeminternals trying to load if you clicked on it and it was blocked from using another process to go to internet
    or something like that.Look at it,it says each program you spoke of.It is blocking something from them.

deviouz Guest

those apps are not trying to phone home or what not.. they are just left running on my PC so i can monitor all PORT & Process Activity..
    they seem to work fine but i keep constantly getting those entries in the log section tough..??
    what exactly does this mean..??
    TCP/UDP endpoint viewer was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security by modifying the file: WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs*
    Where is this file WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs* and why is it trying to modify it..??

Both of these Apps are Safe, legit MicroSoft Sysinternal Programs.. So how can i make ZA grant them access to do what they need to do without getting those log Entries though..??

Hi!this was already discussed in this forum... use the search function.Latest version of ZA 8 has been hardened against tampering but apparently now the software has become too sensitive....You should report it to BETA FEEDBACK...http://www.zonealarm.com/betafeedbackCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

deviouz Guest

what is the link & topic for that discussion..??

There is nothing more than what I told you...Report to BETA FEEDBACK or it will unlikely be fixed.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information