Thread: Zonealarm Security Alert

rond Guest

Default Zonealarm Security Alert

Hi:
    I keep getting a message that reads
    Protected The firewall has blocked Internet access to 142.46.135.1[DNS] from your computer Program: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services and the same message except it reads Program: Bonjour Service. Is this a virus or Trojan Horse. If not how do I correct it or should I just keep pressing OK as I have been doing. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zonealarm Security Alert

Using any Apple applications including Adobe Creative Suite 3, iTunes, Cerulean Studios' Trillian Pro 3, Ruckus Music Player from Ruckus Network, and the text editor e?

Why not check the logs in the Log Viewer and try to see what is else is happening?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_(software)

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

rond Guest

Yes I am running itunes. Upon futher checking I see this is an itunes add on. When I checked in control panel I see this program listed there. Can it be uninstalled here without any problems? Will I still be able to run itunes?

Control panel of the add/remove programs of the windows or the ZA's Program listing??
    Uninstall from windows or just remove the entry from the ZA's Program listing?
    I am guessing with those vague descriptions that are given by you.

Yes you can remove the Itunes from the ZA list, but it will come back again.
    It obviously does connect outbound and hiding it will not help you.
    If that is what you meant.
    Seesm kind of harmless anyways. Just remember you installed or acitivated itunes, so is it really spyware?

People complain about how windows and MS call out, yet they do not understand it is no better or no worse than the other operating systems.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

stephent Guest

Perhaps more plainly:
    It is part of iTunes.
    If it is optional on the iTunes controls then you can turn it off there.
    If you uninstall it it is likely to come back every time you update your iTunes.

blklab Guest

How to say good by to Bonjour Service>> http://www.ajuaonline.com/2007/10/02...njour-service/I tried this and it works. Basicly it's a program to provide zero-configuration connectivity.I just wish Apple had say something about if we wanted this program on our computer. The program was driving me crazy as to why I had 40 things running in Essential NetTools- NetStat that I had not launched. Be warned that Bonjour
    uses other programs to Call home.
    Once Bonjour was gone, no more ET phoning home.I just wish that ZA had something on their Tech support site about it.I did have problems with removing it- once I had hopped though all the hoops to shut Bonjour down, and deleting the Bonjour folder
    (and everything in it), I
    did my first reboot- my computer decided that it would not let me on the internet.Panic, and some quick looking around for what the
    heck was going on, led me to do another
    reboot, then things worked.It did leave me with a 1394 connection problem that I have not figgured out what wrong yet, but I plan on asking that question else where here..
    BTW- Make sure you
    keep the quotes around the "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe"
    -remove OR it will not work. And if you do a search for the mDNSR...exe file just make sure the quotes are around the path and file name then add the {-remove} at the end then it will work.

Thread Information