Thread: windows access

twaters Guest

Default windows access

I have been having this problem for a few weeks now. After my pc set idle all day
    and
    when
    I get home and try to open any file or go to the internet I get this message.
    ( windows can not access the specified device , path, or file. You may not have the appropiate permission to access the item.) It just lock up and can't close the operation. I can turn zas off and everything works fine.
    Then I turn it back on and and pc work fine until it sets for eight hours or so.Has anyone seen this kind of problem.
    Vista Home Prem.Thanks **bleep**ers

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: windows access

Hi!do you have mobile control turned ON under the ZA privacy control?Try to turn it OFF or uncheck the 'mime' blocking.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

twaters Guest

faxI checked and I have it turned off .
    Thanks for the reply. I'm still tring turning options on and off every day. to see if it changes.Thanks **bleep**ers

scoobydoobydoo Guest

I'm having the same problem. I checked my mobile settings as described in the last message and none of them are enabled. A work around to clear the problem is to right click on the ZA icon in the system tray - interestingly, this still works when almost nothing else will - and shut down ZA for a few seconds before re-enabling it. This clears whatever is 'stuck' and everything works properly again. At least until the next time I leave the PC idle for a while. Hardly a long-term solution.

At least in my case, the problem seems to be specific to Vista (Ultimate). I was only having this problem on my Vista-based laptop, but I upgraded my desktop PC to Vista this past weekend and started having the same problems on it after the upgrade. I did a clean install of Vista on the desktop (vs. an upgrade) and ZA was the first app I installed after Vista and all of its updates. Thus leads me to believe that a clean install of ZA won't solve the problem as that is what I did on the desktop last weekend and am still having this problem.

Hi!
    report the issue to ZA technical support and follow their troubleshooting routine.

Here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

freddca Guest

I have had this same problem. I originally installed v7.1 and then upgraded to 8.0. They had me do a clean uninstall and reinstall the software. I just did that and we will see what happens. But it is exactly as you posted, sits idle for a while and then a lot of Windows errors (ie even trying to launch a new program) until Zone Alarm is shut down....
    Actually, 2 times, shutting Zone Alarm down did not help, then I needed to reboot, but usually that does the trick... I will let you know if it comes back or not... Not fun!!

Thread Information