Thread: Possible false positive

macoz Guest

Default Possible false positive

Good morning,
    Concerning Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 10.0 Preferred - genuine DVD program setup.exe.
    I am trying to re-install programs after having to replace motherboard and HDD, and am using a genuine DVD from Nuance, which installed perfectly on Sep 27, 2008. My registered copy of Dragon NS 10.0 Preferred has passed ZAISS 8.0.059 scans on my hard disk ever since. I am running XP Pro SP3.
    When I insert the DVD in the drive, ZAISS reports "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Dm.Ta found in D:\setup.exe." On another PC, running Trend AV software, the DVD scans clean.
    Please advise what action I should take.
    My forum nickname is MacOz, and I lodged a message on the ZA Antivirus/Anti-Spyware board with subject "ZAISS.0.059 reports virus in commercial DVD" (apologies for incomplete version in late-night typing) last night, apparently accepted but not (yet?) recorded in my Forum activity.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Possible false positive

Hi!See here how to proceed...http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=30749Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

macoz Guest

I'm impressed with the rapidity of your response, thank you.
    My problem is that something (ZAISS ?) will not allow me to copy the file from the DVD, I get "Error Copying File - Cannot copy setup: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

Hi!right click the ZA icon near the clock and shutdown....After finishing to copy reactivate ZA (start --> all programs --> ZoneAlarm... etc..)Cheers,Fax

macoz Guest

Thanks, copied file to disk, where ZAISS "safely quarantined" it under Viruses with name "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Dm.Ta'. But now Windows Search 4 cannot find it under the virus name title, and the folder "Suspect Viruses" to which I loaded it no longer shows any content. How can I find it to zip it up?

Hi!ok, lets start again.. I think you are missing some basic steps.1. Go to advanced options of the ZA antivirus/antispyware tab and under 'Automatic Treatment' choose 'Alert me - do not treat automatically'2. Restore the file from the quarantine3. Next time is detected just select (on the drop down menu the 'ignore always')Now you should be able to copy, move and install...Remember to set ZA back to default as soon as finished.Cheers,Fax

macoz Guest

Hi, Thanks again. Have emailed zipped file to Kaspersky.
    Do you recommend running the installation file or trying to get a replacement ?

Hi!after that the false positive is confirmed than you should be OK to run the installation file.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information