Thread: cannot download .exe files

Hybrid View

karjack Guest

Default cannot download .exe files

Not sure if I'm in the correct area but here goes.
    I am trying to download an update from www.filehippo.com . In Firefox I get the message: C:\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\C2tpxaw0.exe.part could not be saved because the file could not be read. Try later or contact the server administrator.
    I also tried using IE and got the following message: IE cannot download ccsetup214.exe from fs6.filehippo.com. An internal error occurred in the MS Internet extensions.
    Any ideas?

Default Re: cannot download .exe files

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>karjack wrote:
    Not sure if I'm in the correct area but here goes.
    I am trying to download an update from www.filehippo.com . In Firefox I get the message: C:\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\C2tpxaw0.exe.part could not be saved because the file could not be read. Try later or contact the server administrator.
    I also tried using IE and got the following message: IE cannot download ccsetup214.exe from fs6.filehippo.com. An internal error occurred in the MS Internet extensions.
    Any ideas?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Check ZA Program Control /Program SectionLook for FireFox browser the grant it Supper Trusted status andtwo Green Checkmarks from the Left..NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:964517094
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4925
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

karjack Guest

Thanks GeorgeV,
    I tried your advice and the results are as follows:
    *Firefox and IE both Super trusted with everything checked.
    *All MS and windows item have green check marks for trusted and internet.
    *Generic host now has trusted server rights.
    *There was no IE crash detection option
    *No malicious software removal tool option
    *No true vector service option
    *No Zonealarm client option
    *No zonealarm updating client option
    *MS Outlook has all green check marks.
    I still cannot download any .exe files, pages take 30+ secs to load and some images show, some don't.
    When I posted this I was using ZASS 8.0.059. After all this trouble I uninstalled and went back to Windows Firewall and installed AVG (sorry but I needed it to work!) and all was fine and working. Decided to try the previous version 8.0.015 to see if anything changed - it didn't.
    I have only renewed my subscription a month ago and if this can't be fixed I'm finding some other product.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    Please contact ZA Teach Support Directly Free of Charge with your License Key www.zonealarm.com with IE Browser as sometimes the Submit button does not work with other browsers., you sould receive an auto-generated confirmation Email with your case number in 10-20 minutes, check your Junkmail fol;der if you don't get a case number email..Please Provide as much detaila about your Problem and what other Security Software you have installed..and if the Solution does not work, Reply back to tech Support with further deatils..Good luck.. and let us know what you find out..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:964517094
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4925
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

karjack Guest

Thanks GeorgeV, will let you know the outcome.

karjack Guest

After almost a week of going back and forth with ZA tech support it appears that the problems begin as soon as any of the privacy controls are turned on. Switch them off and all's well. This happens whether or not I use FireFox or IE. Tech support say they are going to contact Checkpoint to try to resolve the problems.

Thread Information