Thread: ZA PRO Service Agent

spitball Guest

Default ZA PRO Service Agent

I'm getting a popup for security update (version 8.0). If I select update now, Min XP SP3 gets real show, a red magnifying glass shows up near clock in bottom right of screen. ZA shows version 7.0.48 but just did upgrade in June using program zapSetup en.exe (206KB). This problem exists whether I enable svghost or not.
    On system boot, It takes ZA a very long time to load.
    Any Ideas??

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: ZA PRO Service Agent

Hi!you are ZAPRO sounds corrupted, are you using a good antivirus software apart from the ZAPRO antispyware?1. Download the new ZAPRO installer:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...059_000_en.exe2. On you current ZAPRO UNcheck 'Load ZA ... at startup' (under the ZA overview --> Preferences tab)3. Reboot the machine4. Install the update and when prompted choose 'CLEAN INSTALL', this will hopefully wipe out all your settings and overwrite all files to start from a clean situation.If you are infected by malware the above process may fail, see below link to download free tools you can use for cleaning your machine:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

spitball Guest

Tried to install NAV 2009 but found out after much flusteration that it would not run with ZA and removed it (Nortons solution). Currently no AV software is on this system. Thinking of using AVG though - would there be any problems with this combination?? Will do a reinstall. Question, will my Licence stay intact??
    Thanks

Hi!I am not aware of problems between ZAPRO and AVG.Cheers,Fax

ZA Pro 8.0.059 works fine with NAV 2009 on my XP SP3 system. I think it was version 7 that had conflicts (or maybe only ZA 7 free).
    If you install both ZA Pro 8.0.059 and NAV 2009, in NAV disable intrusion prevention (a less effective firewall than ZA, and you don't need both)

spitball Guest

Download3ed and installed the ver 8 software - problem solved - MANY thanks.....

You're welcome!

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information