Thread: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB958215)

krackatoa Guest

Default Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB958215)

Good (snowy) morning from Krackatoa in Washington State!
    Just to confirm potential issue with IE7 update (KB958215).

I've not had to make changes to Program panel in ZASS in the past eitherafter a IE7 update.
    When I log on to Internet, I receive the ZA warning about accessing with IE7.When I "approve" then pick up my Google page, then try to connect, I receivea second ZA warning from the ZA OS firewall warning:
    "attempting to monitoruser activies on this computer and it may try to track or log keystrokes, mousemovements clicks, etc."
    My question is it safe to adjust (
    change ) the Trusted settings in the program panel foriexplore.exe as previously recommended in earlier postings??

Is this "normal"??
    I have 3 othercomputers to update with the KB958215 --- and holding until I know for sure.
    Prior
    IE7 version was 7.00.6000.16735 (vista_gdr 080820-1506
    8/22/08.
    The new updateis dated Dec 15, 2008 program size 633632.
    I used the ZA further info --but didn't give mea warm fuzzy to make changes just yet.
    Next thought was to check the Forum --- and SURE ENOUGHfound a couple notes about this topic.
    Appreciate your sage advise!
    Still holding off updates to ZASS 8.0 till issues cease.Krackatoa
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:965879481
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5025

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

krackatoa Guest

Default Re: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB958215)

Dear Forum Members --I hope I've not done something wrong in my posting ---??

In note it has beenviewed 242 times --- yet no replies as to recommended solutions.
    Perhapsit is due to the holiday season and folks simply busy?
    After
    recent IE7 Cumulative update, now I receive two ZASS alertswhen attempting to access the Internet. Basically my concern
    is if I go into ZASSProgram control and give a green check to all with a Super Trust bar --- will that allow IE7
    to collect info on keystrokes, passwords, etc (as previously warned by ZASS)since that is the second ZASS warning I receive whenattempting to enter into any website after approving
    the ZASSrequest to allow IE7 access to the Internet.
    Currently I say deny, but must do thateverytime until I resolve safe settings for IE7 in ZASS.
    respectfully,Krackatoa
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:965963217
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5045
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Default Re: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB958215)

Hi!yes, its perfectly safe, please allow. It has been posted here many times before.IE must have Super Trusted Permission (three green bars) to work properly (e.g. auto fill-in, drop down menus).Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

krackatoa Guest

Thank you VERY much FAX!!!I've been gone for several months and unfortunately have not beenmonitoring the ZA Forum.
    Also, as a fairly new user still learning theropes.
    I'll give IE7 Super Trusted and assume that also means ALLgreen check marks for Trusted/Intenet Access & Server?? Might eventry new ZASS 8.0........
    Sure nice to have a reliable place to go for questions on ZA----thanksfor all you and others do to help us use and appreciate this fantastic product
    RespectfullyKrackatoa

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Krackatoa wrote:
    that also means ALLgreen check marks for Trusted/Intenet Access &amp; Server?? Might eventry new ZASS 8.0........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, it means three green bars (Super Trusted Permission) and not green checkmarks thatare the settings for accessing to trusted/internet zone.Of course, IE should have access to Trusted and internet zone, the rest you can leave it to "?". If it needs access, it will ask.Cheers,Fax

krackatoa Guest

FAX,
    thanks for the clarification; understood Super Trust from your previous entry,;but just wasn't sure of what green checks to allow e.g. Access/Internet, server,
    trust/Internet/send mail.
    Whenever ZASS warns that a program(if allowed to proceed)
    is preparing to monitor keystrokes, passwords,it gets my immediate attention.I believe (as another forum reader indicated, too) Previous IE7 updates automaticallyset and it wasn't an issue. By the number of readers checking the earlier entry,a lot of interest in this topic.
    I believe you've set me on the right path of secure access once again!
    Thank YOU for all you do for the Forum readership.
    It would be a very frustratingworld with you and the other faithful volunteer techos answering our questionsin such a timely manner!!

;-)
    I DO appreciate ZASS--- and use on 4 computers.
    Krackatoa
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:966033093
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5045
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Thread Information