Thread: Privacy Advisor Enhancement request

pkocsis Guest

Default Privacy Advisor Enhancement request

I find it odd (and annoying) that ZA has not figured out how to display the Privacy Advisor without stealing the window focus (or at least giving focus back to the window it was stolen from immediately after popping up the Privacy Advisor).
    Is this the proper place to request such an enhancement?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

rickrutledge Guest

Default Re: Privacy Advisor Enhancement request

Yes!
    I second this request.
    I've asked for it before, and support assured me there was "no way" they could pop up the window without stealing focus.
    I can deal with the lost focus (though as a once-upon-a-time programmer, I have a hard time believing that; Outlook pops up message notification without stealing focus).
    What I hate is that the Privacy Advisor has a check box for disabling it, and whatever I happen to be typing invariably seems to disable privacy advisor, so later, when I go to a web site and it doesn't work, I don't get a notice about adjusting settings, because I've disabled it inadvertently.
    This happens most often if I have a web page open in the background with some sort of active refreshing or content in it, so it's unexpected.
    Can you at least add a second checkbox for the Privacy Settings next to "Enable Privacy Advisor" that allows me to "Lock Privacy Advisor" or disable the check-box on the advisor?
    At least then I'd just get lots of a noise when I type over it, or open a window for site management, rather than disabling it.

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Privacy Advisor Enhancement request

I guesss you skipped through all of that Important stuff when your first resistered for this Forum..

No Monitoring
    ZoneAlarm does not monitor User Content on the Site. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, if ZoneAlarm becomes aware, in ZoneAlarm's sole discretion, of inappropriate User Content or use of the Site, ZoneAlarm will respond in any way that ZoneAlarm deems appropriate, including but not limited to removal of User Content. You acknowledge that ZoneAlarm will report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be considered illegal, as well as any reports it receives of such conduct. When requested, ZoneAlarm will cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on the Internet.This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..

ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do not
    Monitor this Forum..

If you have a Valid License Key, you may Contact ZA Tech support directly at

ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform

---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:977563466
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200902.5285
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------

Thread Information