Thread: alerts

chrismx Guest

Default alerts

Can anyone help please?
    Since updating Zonealam I constantly get the following alert.Zonealarm has been operating at reduced security while it learns your system to help minimize pop-up alerts.You may now switch to maximum security or continue learning mode for another 21 days. I have the option of clicking on "switch to maxumum security" or "continue learning mode" Whichever I click on it continues to re-appear every few minutes. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: alerts

Best regards.
    oldsod

nbhagy Guest

I'm having the same problem. Evidently so are others. One post offered
    the following solution:
    "To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note thatthis will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.
    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot"

But it did'nt work for me (well, for 21 more days it did). I reported back the same in a post but got no response. Sadly it's not just one computer but several in our office. My boss is starting to question ZA's reliability. His thinking is, if it stumbles on this point, what else is it missing.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor.
    Please Right Click on the ZA Tray icon on the Lower Right and Click the "About" Option this will pop up a windows with all the Info about your Version Of ZA including the complete Version Number.. Click the "Copy to Clipboard" and Paste that information Here in the Forum by pressing the "CTRL-V" key..--------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:977568256
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200902.5285
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

nbhagy Guest

The problem is when asked if I want to "switch to maximum security" or "continue learning mode" no matter which I select ZA will continue to periodically ask the same question.

The OS is XP Pro. Some computers have sp3 some still have sp2.We have been replacing mostly Nortons as the subscription ran out and were having no problems until ZA 8.0.059.000. At least that seems to be when the problem started.
    Even some older versions after being upgraded started exhibiting the same problem.
    I tried the suggestion of resetting the defaults (?) but the problem returned after the learning period.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:977694349
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200902.5295
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    Any help or suggestions you can provide is appreciated.

Thread Information