Thread: Alerts at opening Outlook Express

seringa Guest

Default Alerts at opening Outlook Express

Excuse, I at all do not know English... Shortly about a problem: at start Outlook Express there is a window - 'WARNING: ZoneAlarme will NOT work unless you display your "Folders List". You can display this by pulling down the "View" menu and setting the "Layout..." menu item, than checking
    the "Folders List" check box.' It in adjustments ZoneAlarm or Outlook Express? And how it to realize? Thank.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Alerts at opening Outlook Express

<blockquote><hr>seringa wrote:
    Excuse, I at all do not know English... Shortly about a problem: at start Outlook Express there is a window - 'WARNING: ZoneAlarme will NOT work unless you display your &quot;Folders List&quot;. You can display this by pulling down the &quot;View&quot; menu and setting the &quot;Layout...&quot; menu item, than checking
    the &quot;Folders List&quot; check box.' It in adjustments ZoneAlarm or Outlook Express? And how it to realize? Thank.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>
    seringa,
    For what you have posted, these are Outlook Express directions.
    To help you further, please post the entire error message that you receive when you open Outlook Express.
    Findley

garywa Guest

I also use Outlook Express and was able to duplicate the same error.
    The change you need to make is in Outlook Express, not in ZoneAlarm.
    Apparently ZoneAlarm needs the email folder list displayed in order to function.
    That's the way I have always used Outlook Express, which is why I have never seen the error.
    Here is how you fix it:
    1. Open Outlook Express2. Click on the &quot;OK&quot; button to close the error message3. Click on the &quot;View&quot; menu4. Click on the &quot;Layout...&quot; menu item5. In the &quot;Basic&quot; section of the options window, click on &quot;Folder List&quot; which puts a check mark in the box.6. Click &quot;Apply&quot; and then click &quot;OK&quot;
    All your email folders will now be displayed on the left side including the Junk, Phishing and Challanged email folders created by ZoneAlarm.
    The next time you start Outlook Express, you will not get the error message.

seringa Guest

At once after installation ZoneAlarm all necessary folders it was integrated in Outlook Express, but it has not prevented occurrence of a window with the warning (look above).
    All adjustments Outlook Express such and all folders - Junk, Phishing and Challanged email - are at the left, but the warning
    all the same arises. The only thing that has helped - to disconnect in ZoneAlarm function &quot;Junk E-mail filter&quot;.
    Now the mistake does not arise, but also the filter does not work.
    There can be it of what I already have program Antispam (MailBox Sentry)?

findley Guest

seringa,

Sounds like you are trying to use two antispam filters - you already have installed Mailbox Sentry and cannot get the junk filter to work in zone alarm. Two antispam filters will conflict. Choose one antispam filter, either the Mailbox sentry or Zone alarm. If you want to eliminate the Mailbox sentry - uninstall it and turn on the junk email filter in zone alarm.

Regards,
    Findley

seringa Guest

Findley -
    fanks,

I and thought of the conflict of programs.
    But, how you think, what it is necessary to prefer (taking into account complexities with English)?

REGARDS,
    seringa

P.S. Actually, I have not so understood &quot; Sounds like &quot;

findley Guest

seringa,

I've never used Mailbox sentry and the zone alarm junk filter on my system running zone alarm internet security suite is turned off. Every computer is different and every user's needs are unique.

So, if Mailbox sentry has been working for you and fulfilling your antispam needs - keep it and turn the zone alarm junk filter off. If you are dissatisfied with Mailbox sentry, then give the zone alarm antispam filter a try.

Findley

seringa Guest

Findley,

You are completely right.
    MailBox sentry is as a server on a computer, all letters are located on quarantine, for unknown addressees the inquiry about acknowledgement of the letter, so spam is sent it is eliminated. If there comes acknowledgement, the letter becomes accessible to perusal. And still much...
    I transfer the address of a site of this program (if interestingly)

http://www.sentry.com.ru/

seringa

Message Edited by seringa on 02-25-2009 01:51 PM

Thread Information