Thread: tvDebug.log

ncurtis Guest

Default tvDebug.log

I keep getting an error message: zlclient.exe corrupt file \WINDOWS\Internet Logs\tvDebug.log I am not a technie but a grandmother and I know by googling the error that others have found ways to program around it, but I don't even understand the basics of doing that. Can you explain to me how to get rid of this error? I can't keep running chkdsk every other five minutes or so.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: tvDebug.log

<blockquote><hr>ncurtis wrote:
    I keep getting an error message: zlclient.exe corrupt file \WINDOWS\Internet Logs\tvDebug.log I am not a technie but a grandmother and I know by googling the error that others have found ways to program around it, but I don't even understand the basics of doing that. Can you explain to me how to get rid of this error? I can't keep running chkdsk every other five minutes or so.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

Start windows in the safe mode and then delete the WINDOWS\Internet Logs\tvDebug.log, clean the recycle bin and reboot back to the normal mode.
    Log is gone and so is the issue.
    ZA will recreate a new tvDebug.log, but it is now starting from 1k.
    Repeat this log cleaning procedure every month or two depending on how often you use the computer, to keep the tvDebug.log to a small size.

tvDebug is only needed to be remitted to the ZA technical service if you experience issues with the ZA and have filed for help (free).
    If you have no intention of doing this, then disable the tvDebug.log logging by this way:[*] Start windows in the safe mode and then delete the WINDOWS\Internet Logs\tvDebug.log[*] Reboot back into the normal boot (mode)[*] Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together[*] Right click on the ZA icon near your clock[*] Choose 'Set debug level' from the box that comes up[*] Select 'Off' in the 'Debug categories' in the new window[*] Press the 'Ok' button[*] Reboot
    Now the tvDebug will not ever again increase in size and will stay at this very low size.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information