Thread: ZoneAlarm Security Options" Tell me more about ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

mgroulx Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Security Options" Tell me more about ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

I have been running ZoneAlarm Free (v 8.0.065.00) since its release.
    This path month (last two weeks), whenever I login to my PC, I receive a "ZoneAlarm Security Options" window offering to tell me more about ZoneAlarm security suite. I have clicked both options "Tell me more"
    & "No Thank You"
    but I still receive the message next time I restart or logon to my PC.

How do I stop this screen from coming up?

Any assistance would be appreciated, Thanks!

Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Options" Tell me more about ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

Answer you are looking for is at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=84204

contranym Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Options" Tell me more about ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

Well, no, actually that link points to the post of a user who points out that free versions cost money and that much freeware includes nag pop-ups.
    It does not address the new behavior in an existing installation of this product, nor does it explain whether the pop-up can be permanently dismissed or made to appear less often.
    If Check Point has made a public announcement on the subject, that link would be welcome.
    All I've found to date, searching for answers to the same questions, have been four separate threads on this forum asking about the new behavior, with no definitive answer.

Charles_B Guest

Charles_B Guest

Also read Guru GeorgeV 's thread on the same post at this link :

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=55736

dahstra Guest

It is irritating.
    I forsee a lot of people being irritated by it, and they'll eventually update the program to stop it, or just get sick of the complaining and stop providing free software.
    In that case, I'll just take my chances with Windows Firewall.

It's just as irritating as this forum constantly activating my browsers "print" option.
    Grrrr

Maybe they just like every aspect of their being to be irritating?

Thread Information