Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alerts "steal" keystrokes

owlcat Guest

Default Re: Alerts "steal" keystrokes

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:

if it was a problem I don't know.... I only know that with the latest version I can't materially allow by mistake a pop-up and can't even write... it just will not allow any key unless I go over the pop-up and make the selection, not sure how you can....

<hr></blockquote>

Am I correct in interpreting that if you select the popup--i.e., give it focus--that keystrokes will work then?

That is EXACTLY what happens to me. Then my question becomes &quot;Why do ZA Popups automatically get focus when they popup? How do I prevent them from getting focus without any overt action on my part?&quot;

TIA

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>OwlCat wrote:

Am I correct in interpreting that if you select the popup--i.e., give it focus--that keystrokes will work then?

That is EXACTLY what happens to me. Then my question becomes "Why do ZA Popups automatically get focus when they popup? How do I prevent them from getting focus without any overt action on my part?"

TIA
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>NO, I have to go over the pop-up with the mouse and select it manually then I can allow.... but at this point my editor is out of focus and I am not writing anymore. So ZA works as it should...Don't know why you get it focused automatically. Do you really ? Yourwriting isunclearto me.Sorry.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

owlcat Guest

Sorry about the lack of clarity. I don't understand what is unclear.
    1. I am typing away in a word processor
    2. ZA pops up an alert that some program wants to access the Internet or do something suspicious.
    3. The ZA Alert gets focus without my intervention (i.e., I DO NOT go near it with the mouse)
    4. The ZA Alert then takes the next A or D that I type (or have already typed) and uses it.
    5. The ZA Alert disappears for the screen (as it should) and I have absolutely no idea what I just allowed or denied.

This is what I have been trying to say all along. Is it clear now?

My question is how do I stop it from happening. I see two possibilities, but ZA doesn't allow me to do either one:
    1. Prevent ZA Alerts from getting focus without my intervention.
    2. Prevent a ZA Alert from honoring keystrokes when it does get focus. (I.e., only recognize mouse clicks.)

I have another question for you. What OS are you using? Vista? XP?

Since you say the alerts don't get focus on your system, I suspect there may be some OS involvement--either some difference in a parameter setting (if you are using Vista) or some difference in OS behavior (if you are not using Vista).

Thanks--OwlCat

Hi!in my case point 3 doesnot happen.... I can't simply continue writing (keyboard bleeps) and A and D keys will do nothing.Using VISTA, no particular settings...What to do?I have already told you, contact ZA technical support.No othersuggestion from here...Sorry,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information