Thread: TrueVector Service has stopped working

mfidiot Guest

Default TrueVector Service has stopped working

On 4/2/09 I got a message from ZoneAlarm that an update was available. I then downloaded and attempted to install it. During the install I got the error message "TrueVector Service has stopped working" every few minutes and then eventually got a message saying it was unable to connect to the truvector service. Eventually after at least 10 Truevector messages Zonealarm install appeared to complete and gave the the screen where you choose "No thanks " to continue and start using free Zonealarm. After rebooting, the Zonealarm icon comes up in the system tray but stays perpetually in the state "Protection is up, UI is Initializing".

The machine worked without a hitch using the previous version of Zonealarm (installed 12/08) right after i bought this Laptop.
    HP G50 laptop running Vista SP1 32 Bit. All current Windows updates.

AVG Free v8.5, Windows LIVE Messenger, SuperAntispyware(free), Spybot S&D 1.62 w/teatimer, Logitech mouse & kybd, windows sidebar, Intel GMA graphics for mobile, MagicISO, CyberShot viewer Media Check tool, Synaptics pointing device, and the computer is connected wirelessly.

I have other software installed, but the only other thing that could be interfering are Cisco Anyconnect and Cisco VPN client which ZoneAlarm says it shuts down during install. (Safe mode should have prevented any of that from starting and still didn't fix it)

Today 4/4/09 I have uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled with the same exact problems again.
    I rebooted in safe mode w/networking after uninstalling again and re-downloaded/installed from the ZA website but still had the same issues in safe mode.
    Normal mode using msconfig to use diagnostic mode is also giving me the same errors.

It seems that TrueVector is just repeatedly crashing every minute or more (45 sec interval ?) (watched clock for 5 minutes in a row) whether I tell it to close or not.....I ignored it for a while and the next thing I knew I had 24 crash windows waiting for me.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

donweather Guest

Default Re: TrueVector Service has stopped working

I'm glad I'm not the only one then having this exact same problem.
    I've tried numerous things including everything in this thread (see link below) with no success whatsoever.
    http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=20593
    Upon trying to re-install ZoneAlarm in Step #31 in the above link I got the following error message:
    Unable to conect to Truevector Service - cannot configure access rules
    I also get a windows error message when booting up my computer everytime now which says the following:
    16 Bit Windows SubsystemNTVDM has encountered a System ErrorChoose 'Close' to terminate the application
    This all appeared to go pear shape with ZoneAlarm just after April Fools day!!!

Thread Information