I like a good few of you encountered this annoyance after upgrading/installing the latest version of Zonealarm and for the last 2 days I been trying to figure it out and had tried all manners of things from the Disabling/Renabling of ZA to going into the Services Control and Stopping then Restarting etc.. Nothing worked until I found this and I am pleased to say this had done the job for me and I have even restarted my PC to which I am happy to say no alert and even SC itself is telling me that ZA is working as it should be.

This may or may not work for you but hey it's worth a try if you've done everything else!

I am running Windows XP SP2 32bit

All you have to do is follow the instructions detailed under Resolution for Method 2 at the page below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920074

Once you've done this and Security Centre is showing you the warning that One or more Firewalls is running, shutdown ZA and then start it up again via Start > All Programs > Zonelabs .... etc and ZA should automatically disable Windows Firewall and the status of SC will update to reflect this.

Like I said this worked for me so it may or not work for you.

Hope it helps at least some of you.

Kind Regards.

Message Edited by insaneone on 04-12-2009 04:23 PM