Thread: ad from Zone Alarm itself

heritage Guest

Default ad from Zone Alarm itself

The latest free version of Zone Alarm triggers a pop-up ad from Zone Alarm itself. It pops up every time my laptop boots up. This only occurs on my laptop using Vista Home premium. I can't find any obvious program under 'msconfig: Startup' or in any folder with ZoneAlarm in the name or in any registry entry under Zone Alarm.

I offered to pay tech support to help my get rid of this and they won't even reply.

I have used Zone Alarm for years; even purchased Zone Alarm Pro and registered but do not use it because the free version is faster.

Any one know how to kill this stupid pop-up from Zone Alarm? Hate to switch to a different firewall but it looks like that is where we are headed.

Thanks

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: ad from Zone Alarm itself

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>heritage wrote:
    I have used Zone Alarm for years; even purchased Zone Alarm Pro and registered but do not use it because the free version is faster.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you have ZA PRO license then you can simply load it and disable all ZAPRO feature. Simple and not pop-up.You will get the same performace as ZAfree..you need to disablethe ZA OS firewall, smartdefence advisor, ZA antispyware and ZA privacy control.If not, you could try to remove and reinstall ZA to see if it is just a temporary glitch. Otherwise time to look for a alternative free firewall.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information