Thread: How do I download critical updates?

bandkl Guest

Default How do I download critical updates?

I have Zone Alarm Security Suite - the free version. I frequently get small message boxes telling me a critical Zone Alarm security update is now available. eg the Conficker virus. It asks if I want the free update now or later. I always ask for it now and click OK. The message box then disappears and nothing else happens. A few hours later or the next day I get the same message again. How can I get it to actually download the critical updates?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: How do I download critical updates?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>bandkl wrote:
    I have Zone Alarm Security Suite - the free version. I frequently get small message boxes telling me a critical Zone Alarm security update is now available. eg the Conficker virus. It asks if I want the free update now or later. I always ask for it now and click OK. The message box then disappears and nothing else happens. A few hours later or the next day I get the same message again. How can I get it to actually download the critical updates?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    1.) It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    2.) the only Difference between ZAFree 6.5 and ZAFree 8.0 is a New GUI Display..The eg the Conficker virus Update in ZoneAlarm Refers to the PAID version of ZoneAlarm that includes Anti-Virus Feature that in not in the ZAFree FirewallSo you will not get Conficker protection with the New ZAFree since it does not include Anti-Virus features.3.) Since your Running ZAFree 6.5, have you Fully Updates Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3 and other Windows Update?ZA 7.0 for XP was designed to work with SP2,ZA 8.0 for XP was designed to work Best with SP3However ZASS 8.0 will install on WinXP Sp2..There are numerous Security Leaks found in WinXP SP2 that were found and Fixed with SP3..

<B class=headblack2>System Requirements for ZoneAlarm Products:[/B]Vista (32-bit): <UL><LI>Pentium III 800 MHz or higher <LI>Minimum system RAM: 512 MB <LI>50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.</LI>[/list]Windows XP Operating System: <UL><LI>Pentium III 450 MHz or higher <LI>XP Service Packs 2 and 3 <LI>Minimum system RAM: 128 MB <LI>50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.</LI>[/list]NOTICE: No Security Software run on WinXP Sp2 can protect you from the Windows Security Flaws found in Windows SP2that were Fix with Windows SP3, until you upgrade to SP3....====================================4.) What other Security Programs do you have installed that may be Conflicting with the ZA Firewall?Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. <HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. 5.) If you still want to upgrade to ZAFree 8.0, here is the link..Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, BitTorrent) (MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:984115968
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200905.5865
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bandkl Guest

Thanks GeorgeV.
    You have raised a concern for me. I believed I had anti-virus/spyware protection with the Free Zone Alarm as in the Zone Alarm Box I can turn the anti-virus/spyware sections on or off. You seem to indicate this is not giving me protection. Do I need to pay to get true protection?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>bandkl wrote:
    Thanks GeorgeV.
    You have raised a concern for me. I believed I had anti-virus/spyware protection with the Free Zone Alarm as in the Zone Alarm Box I can turn the anti-virus/spyware sections on or off. You seem to indicate this is not giving me protection. Do I need to pay to get true protection?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) ZAFree provided ONLY the Basic FireWall,Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware are Only Available in the PAID version,2.) ZopneAlarm Free version 7.0 includes a Free 15 day Trial of the Full Security Suite.. after 15 days, if you choose not to Pay for the Upgraded Features, they all Turn off and GREY out those Features..3.) ZoneAlarm Free ver. 8.0 Now included a Free 15 Day Trial of ZoneAlarm Pro, no Anti-Virus, but does include Anti-Spyware and Privacy feature for 15 days, and Turn OZff if not Paind for..4.) the Free Version Allows you to Add 3rd Party AV/AS, as long as they do not include Firewall type Features that will conflict with ZoneAlarm..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information