Thread: Missing Icon

wingspar Guest

Default Missing Icon

Why is it, that starting very recently, every time I run the TunUp utility, I get 58 error messages that say;

ZAMailSafe(*.z0) This file type points to the missing icon C:\ProgramFiles\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\UpcClient.exe,-279.

All 58 error messages say the same thing every time. This is irritating.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

wingspar Guest

Default Re: Missing Icon

Anybody?

Hi!yes, it is normal and by design.Any fix will be reverted by ZA at the next reboot or not allowed by the ZA anti tampering protection. Leave it alone.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

wingspar Guest

Thanks for the reply. Why would ZA design something like this?? This only started happening in the last couple of weeks, and the last update I did to ZA was back in March. It s very frustrating to get 58 error messages that say the exact same thing every time I run TuneUp.

Hi!it has always been like this since I remember installingZA . Just add the entries to the TuneUp exclusions list (if it has this option).And be careful on running registry cleaners too often. They are often the cause of malfunctions and corruption of programs.If you have to use a cleaner, just use ccleaner. Its free and not agressive as other cleaners.If you think your ZA installation is corrupted please remove ZA with the ZA removal tool and reinstall:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeIf you are not happy with this feature then you can write to customer support and report it. Link in my signature.Good luck! Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information