Thread: Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware failed to initialize

luvmaui Guest

Default Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware failed to initialize

I read the previous thread on this subject but none of it seems to apply to me.
    Day before yesterday andtoday, upon boot up, I got the message "The Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware panel failed to initialize.
    The resourcesfor the panel may be missing or corrupt."
    I am running the latest version of Zone Alarm Extreme Security.
    WhenI open the ZA panel, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware are missing from the left side of the control panel.
    I've added no programs, run no other security programs, and have not cleaned the register lately but am usingPC-Tuneup (purchased from the ZA website) when I do.
    I run Windows XP Home Edition, SP3, with all patchesinstalled.
    Both times, I have rebooted and the problem appears solved.
    What is causing it and how do I make it stop?
    PJ

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware failed to initialize

Hi!latest version was issued yesterday, is this the version you have installed?If not update to it. Remove the previous version by running the ZA removal tool:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeZoneAlarm:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:986078376
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200906.6055
    Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-06-2009 02:22 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

luvmaui Guest

The latest version says it is an update to ZAISS.
    I'm running ZA Extreme Security.Does the update apply, because when I ask my ZAES control panel to checkfor updates, it says there aren't any?
    PJ

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>luvmaui wrote:
    The latest version says it is an update to ZAISS. PJ
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Where?
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>luvmaui wrote:
    Does the update apply, because when I ask my ZAES control panel to checkfor updates, it says there aren't any?PJ
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, it applies. Only manual install.http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...400_020_en.exeCheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

cmburbury Guest

Unhappy Re: Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware failed to initialize

27 August 2009 - I got the same message today on both my computers, both running Windows XP Professional. Reinstalling ZoneAlarm Security Suite appears to solve the problem - for the time being!
    But am still confused.

randomza Guest

The same thing started happening to me just recently and only intermittently. Using ZAPro 8.0.059.000.

ZA seems to be running fine though and I don't see anything missing in the control panel.

xgdude Guest

I am having a similar problem. I keep getting a pop up (Zonealarm security suite is initializing". Right click on the system tray icon gets nothing. Left click gets message
    "protection is up, UI initializing".

It is trying but unable to initialize. Any suggestions?

Post Re: Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware failed to initialize

Quote Originally Posted by xgdude View Post
    I am having a similar problem. I keep getting a pop up (Zonealarm security suite is initializing". Right click on the system tray icon gets nothing. Left click gets message
    "protection is up, UI initializing".

It is trying but unable to initialize. Any suggestions?
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

Please DO NOT "Hi-Jack" Somebody Else's Request for Help..

If you have a question or a problem Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.

As a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem, the Guideline Rules,ask each User to Please start their own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.

This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem, When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..

=====================

protection is up, UI initializing. Inicates that You have a Corrupted Install of Zone Alarm..

The simplest procedure is to :

1.Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista)

ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

If you have a Reply, Please Start a New Trend..

Thank you for your Compliance in this matter..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information