Thread: Image blocked in IE where target _blank

patski Guest

Default Image blocked in IE where target _blank

Since I renewed my subscription and downloaded the latest version I have noticed that images with links where target is set to _blank don't appear on my site in IE if Ad Blocking is set to high - ie it seems to be treating them as banner ads. There is no problem in Firefox. If I set Ad Blocking to medium then they display. This didn't happen previously. Any ideas why?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.5

marky_mark Guest

Default Re: Image blocked in IE where target _blank

I am so glad you posted this. I have had the same problem with my PC. Makes it worse seeing as its my own webpage I was having trouble downloading. Strange thing is that if I view my original htm page locally, Zonealarm doesn't mind the target being blank. I tried with firefox browser and zonealarm still blocks the image when add blocking is on high. I am assuming that when ZA sees target_blank in the html it must think that it is a new type of pop up as it is directing your browser to create a new browser window??regardsMark

dfreemanujm Guest

Default Re: Image blocked in IE where target _blank

Please consider fixing this rather assinine bug/defect. There are tons of sites out there that use this basic html method of opening new windows.

Thread Information