Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: web site won't open

dogmanwmp Guest

Default Re: web site won't open

No
    i tried it with zonealarm on and off, and XP firewall on and off with the same result, a page saying "no data"
    Has it loaded for you?

sean

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>dogmanwmp wrote:
    No
    i tried it with zonealarm on and off, and XP firewall on and off with the same result, a page saying "no data"
    Has it loaded for you?

sean
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes.I have ran out of ideas for now, so I think i try seeking help from the gurus privately.Wait for my reply.Is that the only log-insite you cannot access?

dogmanwmp Guest

yes

i've also tried switching to anothet id on xp without luck, i'm starting to think that something is perhaps missing from somewhere like the registry or a DLL that is preventing the site from loading, only guessing but it would appear that the problem is related to this pc only and not internet related.
    hope for a reply

sean.

billc Guest

A couple ideas..... Go to your ZAP Program control Program list, right click on Internet Explorer, select 'options', then uncheck 'Filter Options'. Next clean your cache and try the site again. Any luck?

If no joy, contact your ISP and see if they are blocking that site for some reason. And if they say no, contact the webmaster at the site to see if you've been banned on purpose or by mistake.

dogmanwmp Guest

Thanks for the replyi've done what you've said without any joy. Checked with the webmaster and everything is ok, the page i am trying to load is a public page anyway.I have just managed to load a cached page by googling the site address and clicking the cached link, however i can't get past that !

billc Guest

Just for fun, try this link ....do you get anything?

Have you tried this URL....... http://protectionk9.proboards24.com/

If those don't work, then try jumping through another hoop to double check if ZAP is the problem. Go to your Overview > Preferences panel, uncheck the 'load Zone Alarm Pro at startup', reboot, then try the site again after you've cleaned your browser cache .

dogmanwmp Guest

tried the link and the other address after removing ZA from start up and clearing the cache.Again it won't load, either on IE or Firefox.I thjought it may have been a problem with the IE but i'm not sure now as firefox won't load it either!I'm really confused and lost now, even more so thatt i can load a cached page but not the updated version?

billc Guest

Have you checked with the webmaster at that site to see if you're being blocked? With all the things you've tried, I'm can't understand what is blocking the site on your machine. Just for the heck of it, have you tried to get to the site through a proxy server? That would hide your IP and then if you can view the forum, you'll have further evidence your IP is blocked.

dogmanwmp Guest

I have checked with the webmaster and he has even sent me a number of working links he's been using.Can you send some details how to set up the proxy server to try.

billc Guest

There are software products that will allow you to use a proxy to surf the web. However if you would like to give it a go, here is a free site Secure Tunnel . Just enter the URL in the "Free Bar" box and see what happens. I tested it and this URL worked there for me. http://protectionk9.proboards24.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information