Thread: Is ZoneAlarm blokking my access to secure web sites (SSL)?

lastmo Guest

Default Is ZoneAlarm blokking my access to secure web sites (SSL)?

I recently upgraded my ZoneAlarm. After that I have noticed that I can not longer reach some web sites. It seems to be those that are secure (SSL) like my Internet Bank etc.Does anybody know if it is a setting in ZoneAlarm that I need to change and if so, how do I do it?Thanks.Regards Lars Moldow

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Is ZoneAlarm blokking my access to secure web sites (SSL)?

Hi lastmo
    First one question, if you shutdown ZA can you access? If the answer is yes then try the following. In Tab privacy page main and cookie control click custom. Then in the new window at the bottom check 'enable privacy adviser'. Then enter the site in your browser and in privacy adviser click the link 'click here for details'. You'll be conduced to the sites list. Right click over the site entry and choose options. Then in the new window with three pages for each page uncheck everything that may be checked click apply and go to the next page. Do the same procedure page by page. After that clean your browser cache and see if now you are able to see the site.
    Best regards

lastmo Guest

Default Re: Is ZoneAlarm blokking my access to secure web sites (SSL)?

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate theresponse.However, it does not seem to be my privacy settings that creates the conflict. All my privacy settings are off and althoughI tick off the 'show privacy advicer' box. Visiting one of the websites again,I just get theIP message page that the web site couldnot be shown.I have also noticed, that I cannot print out either when my ZA is running. However, when ZA if shut down, I have access to allpages and can print. If anybody has any other ideas, I would be most grateful. Thanks. Lastmo.

Thread Information