Thread: Unable to access certain sites

elleturner Guest

Default Unable to access certain sites

Hi,I have 6 of my own websites and I'm only able to access 3 of them. I have 3 sites that have their own hosting account and I have 3 domains being forwarded to these hosting accounts. For some reason, Zone Alarm will not allow me to access the forwarded sites but I can access the main hosting sites. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? I'm not real familiar with Zone Alarm and have been unable to figure this one out on my own.Thanks!Lisa

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

steffentester Guest

Default Re: Unable to access certain sites

Hi Lisa,I have the same problems like you. If ZoneAlarm is activated, it is not possible to access certain sites, like google.de, google.co.uk, ebay.de, ebay.com.But when I exit ZoneAlarm I do not have any problems entering these sites.Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you.

Steffen

billc Guest

In both of your cases, it is likely your Privacy settings causing the problem. The Privacy advisor can help resolve the issue and allow you to customise those sites for your use. You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.

Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved. Also clean your cache when completed.

This applies to Zone Alarm Pro & ZASS. If you are using ZA Free, it is another problem.

elleturner Guest

Bill.. you are the best! Thanks for your help.. I followed your instructions and it fixed the problem.Thanks again!Lisa

steffentester Guest

Well, thanks for your help.But I'm using ZA Free.

So what shall I do?

Steffen

billc Guest

Ah. That's a different problem usually resolved with a database reset. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Thread Information