Thread: I cannot download any exe file and the "Mobile Code" is disabled.

sciento Guest

Default I cannot download any exe file and the "Mobile Code" is disabled.

Hi,I cannot download any exe files. I look at postings on this forum and ensured the "Mobile Code"was disabled -It was. I performed a "clean re-installation" of ZA andcouldn't download. I finnaly turnned offZA and was able to donwload.TodayI tried to donwload a ZA update. Same problem...-I haveZoneAlarm Security Suite 5.1.0033 - since two weeks- Broadband connection - I don't like to turn off ZA...- XP Home version with SerPack 2Can somebody help me. I'm lost. tks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Security Suite
    Software Version:5.1

billc Guest

Default Re: I cannot download any exe file and the "Mobile Code" is disabled.

If your Mobile Code control is off and you still can't download with Zone alarm on, I think it is likely a corrupt database. You'll lose your configurations, but try a reset.

1. Shut down Zone Alarm by right clicking on the system tray icon and select 'shutdown'.
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Start Zone Alarm again.

sciento Guest

Ha! Ha! I deleted the 2 files and it work just fine.Bill, you certainly deserve the tiltle of Guru. Thanks a million.

squiffy Guest

I had the same problem downloading from RitLabs,this is
    what I did after disabling "Mobile Code"

Call up ZoneAlarm/Privacy/Site List, scroll down to www.ritlabs.com then left click/Mobile Code/ untick mimie-type integrated objects.
    Job done I can now download from Ritlabs.

Crusindude.

Thread Information