Thread: Internet lock on ICS gateway disables LAN access

sprinkler Guest

Default Internet lock on ICS gateway disables LAN access

My company is running a trial version of ZAP. What we have here is a small peer-to-peer network of 4 computers sharing a dialup connection (broadband is not available at our location). I installed ZAP on the ICS gateway and everything is working fine except for the fact that when the internet lock is engaged the ICS computer can no longer access the local network. The internet lock also prevents any of the other computers from seeing the ICS computer. I was under the impression that the internet lock is only supposed to block the internet connection, but leave the local network connection intact. I tried installing ZAP on a second computer on the network and configuring it to use the ICS gateway, thinking that maybe this would open things up, but it does not help. If I can not get this to work, we will not be purchasing ZAP. Is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

sprinkler Guest

Default Re: Internet lock on ICS gateway disables all LAN access - still not working.

I'm trying to get this figured out before the trial time expires. I have 11 days left. Does anyone know why the internet lock on the ICS gateway computer completely blocks all ethernet traffic? Is there a way I can use the internet lock without sacrificing use of the local network?

sprinkler Guest

Default Re: Internet lock on ICS gateway disables all LAN access - still not working.

I now have 8 days to go on my trial period and counting. Judging by the lack of replies, it appears that I have stumped all the experts with my question...

Anyone.......?

Thread Information