Thread: Stop all internet activity browser prob.

jonno Guest

Default Stop all internet activity browser prob.

Hi I have a problem with zonealarm pro. When I stop all internet activity and then untick the box my ie6 browser won't connect back to the net. My outlook mail works ok. though. I have reboot to get it to work again I'm on adsl and use xp home.Has anyone elsecome across this problem before, thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Stop all internet activity browser prob.

Have you tried closing all your browsers then opening a new browser after you disengage the STOP button? If that does not work, you might be able to shutdown ZA from the system tray icon, wait 30 seconds, then open ZA again and now try to open a browser without a complete reboot.

I guess I would wonder why you use the STOP button anyway unless you think you've got virus activity. Zone Labs says this:<hr>Stop button
    Click the Stop button to immediately block all network activity including Internet access. Clicking the Stop button on the dashboard instantly closes your computer to incoming and outgoing Internet traffic. Therefore, you should click the Stop button only if you believe your computer is under attack, otherwise, Zone Labs security software may block legitimate programs that require access, as well as DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) messages or ISP heartbeat messages used to maintain your Internet connection. To re-open access, click the Stop button again. <hr>

Thread Information