Thread: Adaware blocked - how to unblock

awayand Guest

Default Adaware blocked - how to unblock

Hi guys,
    I am trying to use Adaware and its update feature - I get an error "application was unable to obtain permission for connecting to the Internet; access was denied". I have no idea which rule is blocking my application. Do you know how I can find out what is causing this block to remove it?
    Thanks!
    aw

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Adaware blocked - how to unblock

Hi awayand
    If there are no problem with Lavasoft servers ensure that in privacy main mobile code is setted to disabled and cookie control to medium (you could try even disabling it as ad blocking too, but I don
    t think that is the problem). If after that it continues not working go to your program list and locate the updater entry for Ad Aware. Right click over it and select remove. Then wait about one minute and launch the updater again, ZA should pop up and click allow and check the box remember...See if it works and go to your programs list and see if the updater is there with two green ticks under access trusted and internet. If this doesn't work it means your data base is corrupted and you need to reset it. Follow these instructions (you'll loose all your customizations) http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=35366#M35366
    Best regards

Thread Information