Thread: Suddenly Cannot Browse Internet

ericalridley Guest

Default Suddenly Cannot Browse Internet

I am a Zone Alarm Pro user. A couple weeks ago, I suddenly could not browse the Internet any longer, with niether Internet Explorer nor Firefox.

When I run ipconfig, the listed gateway, dhcp server, and dns servers all have the IP address of our DSL router. I added this IP address (192.168.1.1) to the trusted zone, but it still doesn't allow me to browse the Internet with Zone Alarm running.

I can, however, use other programs such as ping, norton virus updates, etc - all Internet-related activity except browsing.

I do not want to uninstall Zone Alarm - not just because I paid for it, but also because of the inherent security risks of doing so. However, not being able to browse the Internet obviously negatively impacts my work and school capabilities.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

Thanks so much!

Erica

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Suddenly Cannot Browse Internet

If you have the proper IP's in your Trusted zone, then perhaps your ZQAP database is not reading them correctly. Try resetting your database. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm but it will give you a fresh start without reinstalling.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Thread Information