Thread: CANT READ EMAIL

willesouth Guest

Default CANT READ EMAIL

HELLO OUT THERE IN CYBERSPACE HAPPY HOLIDAYS. I USE NET ZERO HIGHSPEED 3G WITH A DIAL UP CONNECTION. I HAVE ZONEALARM PRO 6.0 SET UP TO START WHEN MY PC DOES. MOST OF THE TIME (BUT NOT ALWAYS?) WHEN I CLICK ON THE EMAIL INBOX ICON, THE LOAD BAR GROWS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT HALF WAYTHEN STAYS THERE. IT SEEMS ZA IS NOT SET UP TO LET MY EMAIL THRU (HOW IT SHOULD BE SPELLED). I HAVE TRIED CHANGING SOME SETTINGS IN THE ZA CONTROL CENTER HOWEVER, I USUALLY HAVE TO SHUT ZA DOWN, BRING UP MY EMAIL THEN RESTART ZA. ALSO, WHEN I ENTERED THIS FORUM I HAD TO REDUCE MY SECURITY AGAINST "COOKIES" (I'VE ALWAYS THAT WAS A STUPID LABEL FORIT. THAT LITTLE PROGRAM SHOULD BE CALLED TAGS, MARKERS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT). I DONT FULLY UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE NECESSARY. I FOUND A LIST OF THEM ON THIS THING GOING BACK TO B4 I HAD THE SYSTEM. I'D LIKE TO DELETE ALL PRIOR ONES AND INSTRUCT MY SYSTEM ON WHICH ONES TO LET IN. WHAT DO I NEED TO CHANGE TO ACCESS MY EMAIL AND BE SELECTIVE ABOUT THESE COOKIE THINGS.THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

billc Guest

Default Re: CANT READ EMAIL

Where is your e-mail? If it is Net Zero, then try this. Go to your ZAP Privacy> Site List, click on the 'add' button, then enter account.netzero.net and click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again. If Net Zero is not your e-mail server, then replace the URL of the server you do use for the example I gave.

You can control what cookies are allowed on your computer by going to the Privacy > Main tab, click on the 'custom' button in Cookie Control and adjust your settings. To get rid of all those prior cookies, go to your ZAP Privacy > Cache Cleaner and there you can clean both your browser cache and scan for tracking cookies. If you have not done this, go to your Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup and run that to clean your system.

You will find some sites unusable if you do not allow cookies. Frankly I don't think they are necessarily harmful and thus I allow them, but clean them routinely.

stellalovely Guest

Hi brainy BillCherryAtl,Maybe you can help me, too! I recently returned to roadrunner and I use AOL 9.0 (don't ask) --Anyway, here's the deal: AOL doesn't seem to like ZoneAlarm. It keeps telling me to go into the ZA program area and click allow for all AOL programs. I have done this appx. 43 times. Most of the time when I sign on AOL, or attempt to, I get a dialog box telling me to go to ZA and click allow for all AOL programs.It's only been a few days but I am already getting tired of this. If I log off and restart my computer, then it works. But hours later, it's the same old problem.I am using the free ZA firewall. Do you know - Will this nonsense stop if I buy the Pro version? Don't care about the money - I just need this to work. I am a professional writer and receive/deliver assignments via email. I don't want to switch to some other firewall - I trust ZA.Thanks for your time,Stella

billc Guest

Upgrading to Zone Alarm Pro might be a good idea but it will not solve the problem you're having. It could be a couple of things but first check to see that you have your DHCP and DNS IP in the Trusted Zone of your ZA Firewall > Zones panel. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc

1. Go to Run type in command , hit 'ok', and type ipconfig /all then press enter. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side.
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall>Zones tab click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted.
    3. Click OK and then Apply and see if that works to fix it..

Thread Information