Thread: Access to my home network

rejean Guest

Default Access to my home network

Hi,I just installed the French version of ZA Internet Security Suite 6.1.737 and I cannot anymore access printer or files from my network.My settings are as follows (since I have the French version, I am providing translation to the best of my knowledge) :
    1. <LI>Firewall main tab : Internet zone(high) and Secured zone (medium)</LI><LI>The printer that I want to access is shared</LI><LI>Microsoft Client for Internet Network is enabled</LI><LI>My LAN connection has the Microsoft Network printer anf file sharing enabled</LI>
    Furthermore, from Network Favorites, when I use the command "See other computers from my workgroup", I receive an error message saying : "home network is not accessible. Youmay not have the required authorization to use this network resource. Contact your network administrator to verify if you have the access authorization. Network path has not been found"Could you tell me what can I do to configure ZA to access my home network ?Thank you for your help.Rejean

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Access to my home network

Hi Rejean
    From ZA point of view to be able to share resources among your LAN computers you need to put the network ZA detected (something like 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0) in Tab firewall page zones in trusted zone.In principle it's not necessary to add the individual LAN computers. The loopback adapter should also be in the trusted zone.
    Best regards

rejean Guest

The loopback adapter was not defined in the trusted zone. After defining it, it is now working properly.Thank you.

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome
    Best regards

Thread Information