Thread: Java Problems

kaspa Guest

Default Java Problems

My school recently launched it's own site, with a forum and chat room area. I tried to go on the school chat room to see if any of my friends were on, and Zone Alarm keeps blocking me.

This is what I get:

Connecting...
    [ Blocked by Zone Labs Security ]
    [ Blocked by Zone Labs Security ]
    Error, disconnected from server Socket Closed

At first, I thought it was just the schools site, so I tried a few others, all with the same thing, ZA blocking access.

When I shut ZoneAlarm down, I can access it.

I've tried all other advice on the forum too, and none have worked.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: Java Problems

Please go to IMSecurity tab > Settings and press the Advanced button. Uncheck "Block IRC".

kaspa Guest

Thanks - works perfect for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>kaspa wrote:
    Thanks - works perfect for me.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Great!

howardnv Guest

I have problem similar to this. I am currently studying for MCSA and MCSE certifications using practice tests that my training center gave me access. Some of the questions are java applet simulations that do not run correctly when my zone alarm(free version 6.1) is running. I have java installed and operating properly. The applet starts, but does not connect to the server according to the error message. I have tried shutting down all my computer's protections, anti-virus, firewall, spyware blocker and re-enabling them 1 by 1. With everything off, the applet works properly, when the firewall is re-started the connection fails again. I have tried to set the firewall to the lowest protection and attempted to add the site to my trusted zone, it does not help, I can only access the simulations when zone alarm is shut down. Other applets have executed as expected, but these simulations may be the only applets I have tried access the require port 443(ssl). If that is the problem, is there someway I can open that port on the free version.If it helps any in your diagnosis, I have an older laptop running Windows ME on a PIII-700 processor, 384MB ram and just replaced the hard drive with a 40G(disk crash, so no old programs/info were transferred). The problem is new, I did not install zone alarm until after HD replacement. I previously used McAfee Personal Firewall and that didnot have this problem.Thank You,Howard

gerard_konijn Guest

Hi Howard,Open ZoneAlarm at your taskbar. Go to Privacy&gt;click Custom at Mobile Code Control and go to the Mobile Code tab. Uncheck Block javascript.Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.
    Help with ZoneAlarm? There's a red Search! &gt; option at the bottom of the page to find your answer.
    Or navigate the following link: http://www.donhoover.net/

Thread Information