Thread: Allowing a spawn process after accidently "Denying" and saving the settings.

cgvaughn Guest

Default Allowing a spawn process after accidently "Denying" and saving the settings.

I've got a program that I accidently denied process access to (and I hit the "remember" button). Now when it tries to create the initial temporary file, it won't run (ERROR: createprocess (C:\DOCUME~1\Username\LOCALS~1\....).In the ZoneAlarm Security Suite "OSFirewall" log, it says that it denied access to the Spawn Process.I can't for the life of me find where to undo this and allow the program to run. The temporary file isn't listed in the Programs or Components.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

cgvaughn Guest

Default Re: Allowing a spawn process after accidently "Denying" and saving the settings.

Ping.

zakeith Guest

Default Re: Allowing a spawn process after accidently "Denying" and saving the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by cgvaughn View Post
    I've got a program that I accidently denied process access to (and I hit the "remember" button). Now when it tries to create the initial temporary file, it won't run (ERROR: createprocess (C:\DOCUME~1\Username\LOCALS~1\....).In the ZoneAlarm Security Suite "OSFirewall" log, it says that it denied access to the Spawn Process.I can't for the life of me find where to undo this and allow the program to run. The temporary file isn't listed in the Programs or Components.
    I have exactly the same problem in the latest ZA version! Where do you allow a program "Spawn Process" if it has previously been denied by accident?

Hi!
    go to ZA program control --> Programs --> scrool to find the entry (note that filename may not correspond to the description in the column 'programs')
    Once you have found it set the column 'trust level' to '?' and 'SmartDefense' to 'Auto'.

Next time it will try to 'spawn' it will ask again or will be self-configured if the program is present in the central ZA database.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zakeith Guest

Excellent, thanks Fax.

You're welcome!

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information