Thread: Can access only one website

texascardcounte Guest

Default Can access only one website

Hi! I installed ZA Protrial, and I let it ran out on Jan 9, 2006. And I remembered that the last site I visited is www.cnn.com. And now, I can only access cnn.com and no where else. I uninstalled ZA and the same thing happened. I re-installed it and same thing. Where/what in ZA I can work on to fix this problem. I have a laptop too, and with that laptop, using the same cablemodem, I can go to any site. Soit is PC related.Is ZA Procausing this? Or some other thing causing it? I have XP Professional on that PC.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Can access only one website

When the ZAP trial ran out, it should have just become ZA Free. If you have ZA installed now, make sure your DNS server IP is in the Trusted Zone of your Firewall > Zones panel. In case you don't know, here is how to find the IP.

1. Go to Run type in command , hit 'ok', and type ipconfig /all then press enter. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side.
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall>Zones tab click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted.
    3. Click OK and then Apply and see if that works to fix it..

If you think you don't have ZA installed, then open your Task Manager, look for vsmon.exe highlight it if it's there, then click to 'End Process' and now see if you can connect.

Thread Information