Thread: ZA blocking Internet access after computer is idle

spoons Guest

Default ZA blocking Internet access after computer is idle

After my computer is idle overnight, I cant access Internet. ZA tells me port was idle and blocked. I have gone to start-cmd-ipconfig/all and entered the DHCP and DNS address into ZA firewall'strusted sites. However, today when I still had access troubles, I double checked the addresses and they were all different! I have already upgraded to ZA 6.1.737. I am just about ready to flush the money I spent on ZA and go back to Norton software. Can anybody help?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: ZA blocking Internet access after computer is idle

Hi Spoons
    Try in tab firewall page main internet zone security,click custom. Then in the new window in both internet and trusted check 'allow outgoig DHCP/DNS'. See if that solves the problem.
    Best regards

spoons Guest

Thank you Ad-Hock. I will give it a try.

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome Spoons,hope that does the trick.
    Best regards

spoons Guest

This last strategy still did not work. This morning I still have messages like "New network found." This time Zone Alarm did not allow a spyware program to update itself and start a scan. In fact, it looks like Zone Alarm prevented itself from updating virus and spyware definitions.This is is incredible. It looks like many users are experiencing this same issue. Ad-Hock, you have been great in helping with advice. Strange that Zone Alarm staff does not address this issue.I refuse to pay Zone Alarm for tech support after just recently buying their program. I don't want to go back to Norton if I don't have to. BUT...

ad_hock Guest

Hi Spoons
    In fact recently there are several people concerned with problems like you described. Nevertheless I'll make a suggestion and see if you are opened to that.Revert to version 5.5.094. If you want I leave you he links to do that http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=39388#M39388
    Good luck and best regards

skyland Guest

Ad-Hock,
    Great suggestion!
    You saved me lots of time and frustration.
    Anyone who sees this trail, and has the same problem, please save yourself some grief and revert to the older version....
    Many thanks.

Thread Information