Thread: Loss of internet access with Zonealarm pro 6.1

sidkorn Guest

Default Loss of internet access with Zonealarm pro 6.1

I intermittently loss all internet access and have to turn off ZoneAlarm to get it back. I can then restart zonealarm and access is OK until the next time. Anyone have this problem? RegardsSid :8}

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Loss of internet access with Zonealarm pro 6.1

Make sure you've added your DHCP server IP to the Trusted zone in your Zones panel. In case you need it, here is how to find your DHCP IP.

1. Go to Run type in command , hit 'ok', and type ipconfig /all then press enter. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side.
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall>Zones tab click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted.
    3. Click OK and then Apply and see if that works to fix it..

wraiththe Guest

Ah, but does this work if you are behind a NAT firewall as well? I am having the same problems. I kill ZA and then get access even after I restart ZA. This especially happens after it updates and does the spyware scan, or I leave the computer for a while. It worries me that the DHCP is also the Gateway to the internet and I do not want it to be completely trusted.

ad_hock Guest

If I may add to what Guru Bill said in his post,yes it works also with a NAT firewall, a NAT router for example. About the problem of adding the ip of the gateway remember that what you add is the internal ip, a private one that cannot be used in the internet;this ip cannot be reached or scanned from the internet side. For the internet what counts it's the external ip assigned by your ISP. If you wish a more detailed information read this thread.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=34992#M34992
    Best regards

Message Edited by Ad-Hock on 01-14-2006 09:56 PM

Thread Information