Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free Zonealarm updates prevent access to internet after a while

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Free Zonealarm updates prevent access to internet after a while

Hi maggieclarke
    The problem with he uninstall from the add/remove in control panel is that you don't succeed to do a complete uninstall and ge t remnants of ZA that can give errors and specially prvent a future install of ZA. I'm going to give you a link that allows for a search of those remnants and if found delete them. It will seem a bit complicated but with calm it's possible to do it without great problems,although I admit she may need some help. Here is the the link to be followed specially in the final part that deals with the search of remnants http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...tallNonNT.html
    Best regards

maggieclarke Guest

Thanks. This whole episode sours me on zonealarm. She's thinking of getting a new computer anyway. It's like zonealarm has contaminated her computer. That they would allow such awful buggy software to be out there and then when you try to uninstall require such special gymnastics to remove it gives the company a bad name. They really don't care. I'm glad you do.

ad_hock Guest

You're very welcome maggieclarke.
    My best regards

campana Guest

I had the same problem as described in this thread.
    My Internet connection works for a while, then stops working.

I had manually added my home network to the trusted zone (192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.255), but I had excluded the router (which is connected to the Internet).
    Not sure why I did this, except that this seemed like the right thing to do.

When I add the router to the trusted zone (192.168.0.1), the Internet connection works again.

Is it ok to have the router part of the trusted zone?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information