Thread: Internet service lost after updating Zonelabs

kazone Guest

Default Internet service lost after updating Zonelabs

I lost my AOL connection after updating my Zonelabs program. Message received: "Error 46-NPQE. We were unable to connect you to the AOL service. If you need assistance, please contact your firewall software vender."I uninstalled Zonelabs. Unfortunately, without a CD, I cannot reinstall.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

gerard_konijn Guest

Default Re: Internet service lost after updating Zonelabs

Hi kazone and welcome to the Forum.

The most recent versions of AOL now offer some security features including a firewall and virus scanning. It is recommended that you disable those features prior to using the same features from ZoneAlarm. If you've recently updated to a new version of AOL, some users with older versions of ZoneAlarm had compatibility issues. Check for updated versions of ZoneAlarm to ensure the best compatibility.

FREE ZoneAlarm
    6.1.736.000,click here.Left-click on the blue text!

To install, save ZoneAlarm to your PC. Uncheck load ZoneAlarmat startup in the overview tab and restart. Turn off your Anti Virus program and all otherrunning programs, it's strongly recommended that you exit all Windows programs before running the Setup Program of ZoneAlarm.Double click the ZoneAlarm file iconon your PC to begin the installation wizard. Select a 'clean' install when asked.Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.
    Help with ZoneAlarm? There's a red Search! > option at the bottom of the page to find your answer.
    Or navigate the following link: http://www.donhoover.net/

kazone Guest

Thankyou, Gerard-Konijn, for your prompt reply. But the problem is with my other computer, a laptop. Havinguninstalled the Zonelabs program, I have no ZoneAlarm tabs to uncheck. Having no Internet access, it is not possible for me todownload the FREE ZoneAlarm. I did install the latest version of AOL using a CD but this didn't solve my problem.--Kazone

billc Guest

Sounds like there are remnants of Zone Alarm still on your machine. What I think you should do is follow as best you can the manual uninstall instructions found here . Print the instructions if needed. That should clean ZA off your system and allow internet access once again. Then you can install a fresh ZA Free from the website.

wobbs Guest

Hiya, Error code 46-NPQE is classed as an AOL connectivity code, you could try to repair - go to add/remove programs, select AOL Connectivity, select change/remove, then select repair. Make sure you're signed out of AOL before doing this - hope it helps you.

kazone Guest

There were remnants of ZoneAlarm on my laptop, Bill. Following the delete intructions, things went well until I attempted to delete vsdatant.sys. "Cannot delete vsdatant; it is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that may be using the file and try again." Was unable to obtain the SAFE MODE--computer instructions for doing so referred to a "SHUT DOWN" selection which I couldn't find.Thanks for your input, wobbs, but your suggestion didn't work; I received the same AOL error message.kazone

kazone Guest

Default Re: Internet service lost after updating Zonelabs/HELP!

Is that it? Is there no one out there that can help me.?

gerard_konijn Guest

Default Re: Internet service lost after updating Zonelabs/HELP!

Its generated by AOL 9 and you should contact AOL tech support for any further help to figure out this error.Best regards, Gerard Konijn. Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Thread Information