Thread: Access Issues Zone Alarm Pro using Win 98 with Win Ex 6

colin_lane Guest

Default Access Issues Zone Alarm Pro using Win 98 with Win Ex 6

Can anyone help me with a solution to overcome access problems with Z/A Pro on Win 98 OS using Win explorer 6 that just hangs after initial connection to site. It works on two sites but any other follows the same result, suspended animation.I have had Z/A pro installed for 4 years and have tried re loading and re setting the paramaters without success.Any advice would be gratefully aceptedcheers Colin

Operating System:Windows 98 (original)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Access Issues Zone Alarm Pro using Win 98 with Win Ex 6

Hi colin_lane
    I'm afraid ZA no longer supports 98 original,only 98/SE.
    Best regards

colin_lane Guest

Thanks for that, I must double check as I have had Z/A Pro on this laptop for 4 yrs, so it must be SE that I have.I am going to retry loading the newest version available, and see if it does the trick.My guess is that the Internet Explorer vers 6 has probably been compromised at some stage and that is where the problem may lie.Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.Colin

ad_hock Guest

You're very welcome.Check that and if it proofs to be 98SE and you still need help just come back.
    Best regards

colin_lane Guest

HI again, I wrote you last week re Win 98 version of Zone Alarm Pro not allowing sites to load, here's the sit rep to date:Installed latest ZA Pro version as a complete overwrite of older version. Situation remains unchanged re loading of internet sites.What happens is that with Zonealarm Pro on the sites begin to load, then stall, and then no progress they just hang.I am using Internet explorer 6 with patches in place, and whenI disable zonealrm the sites load without problem.I have been through every dialog box and tab in Zonealarm pro trying to track this down, I have looked at what's loading in the main section under privacy and sites are not leisted in here as they shuold be, and under programs, explorer is ticked to the max but no go.I have thought it might be Internet explorer 6 giving problems as it is open to all kinds of attacks, so possibly the next step will be to load netscape or mozilla and chuck out IE 6.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.cheersColin

Thread Information