Thread: BLOCKING ALL INTERNET ACCESS

pockets Guest

Default BLOCKING ALL INTERNET ACCESS

I tried the Free Zone Alarm and liked it. Last week I was lucky enough to buy a new PC running XP and downloaded a trial of Zone Alarm Pro. Quick as a flash I got rid of it and tried the Free version again only to find no matter what I did, with Zone ALarm turned on I could not access the internet. I turned it off, went on the internet and then turned it on...it stopped me fromm moving and in fact had blocked access again. I use Thunderbird/Firefox both of which respond happily to Windows Firewall, so am stuffed as to why despite giving them both the proper rights, Zone Alarm blocks access. I have removed the program and reloaded it twice from different sources (a PC mag CD and off the internet). My original like of ZA is wilting despite knowing it is a good program. Oh, I have cable DSL which worked fine with my old W98 PC and Thunderbird/Firefox and the Free ZA....Any tips pleeeeease!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: BLOCKING ALL INTERNET ACCESS

Hi Pockets
    Try to add the ip's of he DHCP and DNS servers to the trusted zone of ZA. Follow this link that explains how to do that http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=23056#M23056
    Best regards

pockets Guest

Hi Ad-hock, Thanks for that I was getting quite frustrated but the fix seems to be effective...first time on this Forum and I had success...!!!

ad_hock Guest

You're very welcome
    Best regards

lazarusooo Guest

while i appreciate this workaround Ad-hock ... i also worry whether that is opening a security hole?

hovious Guest

This fix also worked for me. Thank you Ad-Hock.

Thread Information