Thread: ZAP is blocking webpages PLEASE HELP!

pcmaniac Guest

Default ZAP is blocking webpages PLEASE HELP!

Ever since I have installed zonealarm, my browser (firefox 1.0) cannot view any pages, except pages from
    zonealarm.com or zonelabs.com. Every time I try I get a message saying that the page could not be found, and to check the name. Other internet based programs such as internet chess also fail to access the internet.
    However, my e-mail client (ms outlook) works correctly.
    (Note that if I shut zonealarm off, these problems go away.)

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:5.5

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: ZAP is blocking webpages PLEASE HELP!

Try this: in privacy, page main,cookie control click custom. Then in the new window click 'show privacy adviser'. Then load a site and when privacy advisor appears at the lower right corner of your screen click the link more details. You go to the site list in privacy; select the site you were loading and right click over it and choose options.Then in the new window with three pages, for each page uncheck anything that may be checked and click apply. Do the same procedure until finish the three pages and don't forget to click apply before going to the next page. After empty your browser's cache and load the site and see if it loads properly.
    If this doesn't work I think you need to reset your data base. You loose all your customizations and have to built a fresh data base. Follow this link to do that http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=7101#M7101
    Best regards

Thread Information