Thread: Cannot Access Computer on Network

rbernier Guest

Default Cannot Access Computer on Network

I have a wireless network with three computers on the network. The computers are Computer1, Computer2 and Computer3 (yes, I know real original). Computer2 and Computer3 can be "seen" and accessedby all three computers. For some reason, even though I have Computer1 set to share drives, it cannot be seen on the network. I have looked at my ZA Suite settings on all three computers and cannot see any obvious differences. I would appreciate any thoughts as to what setting needs to be changes in order to have Computer1 visible on my network.Thanks,Ron Bernier

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

ajsnrr Guest

Default Re: Cannot Access Computer on Network

<blockquote><hr>RBernier wrote:
    I have a wireless network with three computers on the network. The computers are Computer1, Computer2 and Computer3 (yes, I know real original). Computer2 and Computer3 can be "seen" and accessed by all three computers. For some reason, even though I have Computer1 set to share drives, it cannot be seen on the network. I have looked at my ZA Suite settings on all three computers and cannot see any obvious differences. I would appreciate any thoughts as to what setting needs to be changes in order to have Computer1 visible on my network. Thanks,Ron Bernier

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version: 6.0

<hr></blockquote>
    I have a similar problem except when I turn off ZoneAlarm. I can ping and connect. Otherwise, the W2k1 system can ping the other two systems (xplaptop & xpdesktop) but they cannot ping it with zone alarm on. I have ZA configured to accept the range of IPs provided from the DI624 router. It was working two weeks ago is the strange thing. I have ZoneAlarm version:6.1.737.000 and am thinking I need to uninstall and reinstall or as another message suggested go back to 5.0.094 version. Perplexed!-)

Message Edited by AJSnRR on 01-28-2006 11:11 AM

Thread Information