Thread: Zone Alarm Free 61_737_000_en is blocking my internet access

lightninrick Guest

Default Zone Alarm Free 61_737_000_en is blocking my internet access

I ran Zone Alarm Free for years without problems (thanks!). I installed the latest version as named above about a week ago, and have been having intermittent access problems ever since.

Today I verified that Zone Alarm is what's causing the problem -- how, I don't know, but I don't have any access issues when ZA is turned off. So I turned it off. Am now running the Windows XP firewall on the same connection -- no problems.

I'm offering this information in the hopes that ZA will recorgnize and address the problem. Judging from comments in the forum, it appears that others have similar issues with the latest version of ZA free.

Configuration info: computer is a 1.7 gHz celeron machine running Win XP SP1. 256 MB RAM. Internet access is through cable, into a Linksys wireless router (however the connection from this computer to the router is wired, not wireless).

Message Edited by lightninrick on 02-02-2006 02:17 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

zonealarmcust Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Free 61_737_000_en is blocking my internet access

Hi,
    I would appear to have the same problem as the previous submitter - lightninrick

I have been using ZoneAlarm for quite some time now without any problems.
    I recently upgraded to 6.1.737 as I now have a broadband connection.

I tried to use the lock feature but find that I cannot unlock ZoneAlarm.
    Even shutting down ZoneAlarm and restarting does not unlock it.
    The only solution is to power down the PC and restart!

My version details are:

ZoneAlarm version:6.1.737.000
    TrueVector version:6.1.737.000
    Driver version:6.1.737.000

ad_hock Guest

Try adding the ip's of the DHCP and DNS servers to the trusted zone of ZA. Follow this link how to do that http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=23056#M23056

If it still doesn
    t work try this: in firewall main internet zone security click custom.Then in the new window check 'allow outgoing DHCP/DNS'.
    Best regards

pjy Guest

I have a similar problem, but I think it has something to do with AOL instant messenger. Whenever my daughter uses AIM and ends it by logging off the PC, if I start it back up, I can't access any websites. If I reboot, I get in just fine. My daughter was grounded from AIM for a week, and oddly enough, during that week, I had no problems when I logged on. I could get websites to work if I shut down ZoneAlarm. I wonder if either of the other folks experiencing this problem use AIM...

hovious Guest

Ad-Hock's suggestion worked for me. I also posted a thank you reply in another post.

macevhicz Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Free 61_737_000...... Ad Hock's solution worked

Ad-hock's solution worked for me. As soon as I added my DHCP/DNS server ip, all worked smoothly. Strangely, that ip is already listed, placed there automatically by my wireless router (same ip as DHCP/DNS), but manually adding it seems to have done the trick. A many-month, endlessly frustrating problem seems at long last to be fixed!

Thanks Ad-hock!

Thread Information