I ran Zone Alarm Free for years without problems (thanks!). I installed the latest version as named above about a week ago, and have been having intermittent access problems ever since.
Today I verified that Zone Alarm is what's causing the problem -- how, I don't know, but I don't have any access issues when ZA is turned off. So I turned it off. Am now running the Windows XP firewall on the same connection -- no problems.
I'm offering this information in the hopes that ZA will recorgnize and address the problem. Judging from comments in the forum, it appears that others have similar issues with the latest version of ZA free.
Configuration info: computer is a 1.7 gHz celeron machine running Win XP SP1. 256 MB RAM. Internet access is through cable, into a Linksys wireless router (however the connection from this computer to the router is wired, not wireless).
Message Edited by lightninrick on 02-02-2006 02:17 PM
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)