Thread: ZA breaks login chain

Hybrid View

bizman Guest

Default ZA breaks login chain

An Internet operator gives as a bonus free access to some third party sites. You only have to login on the operator's site and then use the given links to get to the other sites. New sites open in new windows, maybe as popups, I'm not quite sure about the technique used.

Now with ZA (free) the desired pages open allright on the new site, but the login information doesn't follow. If I try to go deeper in the site, it requires login, and of course doesn't accept the operator's login information.

When I shut down ZA and use Windows XP SP2 firewall instead, no such problem occurs. When logged in on the operator's site, automatic login is made on every co-operative site through hyperlinks. So the problem is apparently with ZA.

What can be done? I don't trust the Windows firewall that much, plus I like ZA more.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: ZA breaks login chain

Sounds to me like your Private Headers are being blocked. This feature is found in ZAP but sometimes can be turned on with no way to turn it off in ZA Free. Perhaps you gave ZAP Trial a test drive? No matter, a database reset should fix it. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

sckbr Guest

Default Re: ZA breaks login chain

Turning off ZAP and back on, may solve the problem, but I don't know why, just that it worked for me.

Bob

Thread Information