Thread: Frustrated from England

frics Guest

Default Frustrated from England

I am testing my own web site which I am running locally (Local Host), i.e it is not connected to the Internet. It uses ASP pages to send the HTML to the browser and connects to a backend database using a COM object (ActiveX DLL).

When testing the site with ZA activated I cannot return any data from the database (the browser error states empty recordset or the record has been deleted, which would indicate that the request never reaches the database), although everything works perfectly well with ZA disabled. There is no popup message from ZA nor any indication as to what is happening. Any thoughts would be lifesaving

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Frustrated from England

When you're doing your testing, first go to your ZAP > Privacy > Main panel and turn off all your main privacy blocking. Now clean your cache to make sure you don't bring up a 'cached' page. I'm thinking the JavaScript insertion that Privacy blocking puts into each page is causing the problem with your .asp. With all Privacy off, there will not be an insertion.

frics Guest

Default Re: Frustrated from England

BillMany thanks, I have turned cookie control off and now the data is being returned correctly from the database.
    Perhaps you could help on one further point which ZA may be causing. The web site sends unattended email to its customers using CDO, the email is prepared and deposited into the mail queue in Inetpub, however it is never collected or sent ? is this a ZA problem.

Thread Information